Hope you've all had a fabulous February! I'm loving the longer days and the occasionally springlike weather we've been getting -- there's nothing like a bit of winter sunshine to cheer the spirits.
Here are five other little things that put a smile on my face over the past month...
1. I didn't want to be this girl on the beach for our holiday to Cuba a few weeks ago, so I made sure to slather on a liberal amount of St. Tropez' Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse in anticipation. St. Tropez has always been my brand of choice for fake tan, and this new product is miraculous, transforming me from Celtic to Hispanic (kinda) in a record-breaking three hours.
2. Is it just me or has Forever 21 really upped their shoe game of late?! Not long after purchasing these black beauties, I was back for a second hit -- this time, returning with these faux patent leather ankle strap flats (also available in black) in tow. I've always had a thing for red shoes, and it was love at first sight.
3. The food in Cuba was terrible (and this is coming from a girl who actually kind of likes airplane and theme park food), so I pretty much lived on drinks the whole time we were there...and piña coladas were my poison of choice. The ones served at the all-inclusive we stayed at were fairly good, but the real deal we had a roadside stop on the way to Havana was a game changer. Served in a coconut and garnished with a slice of pineapple, it was ambrosial.
4. Target, as a store, has never been a particular favourite of mine, but the fact that they're shutting down their 133 locations in Canada means massive liquidation sales, with 20-40% off everything in store. Well worth a visit!
5. This Burt's Bees Rosewater & Glycerin Toner is one of my new favourite products -- it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin, and it smells heavenly. (When it comes to scents, my taste can sometimes verge on the geriatric -- I'm a big fan of anything lavender or rose-scented).