Happy New Year, everyone!!! We hope you had a fantastic one, and we also hope that you managed to score some seriously good deals in the Boxing Week Sales ;-) Lots of shops are still clearing out their stock to make way for Spring arrivals, so take advantage of these ongoing sales and have a look at all the amazing party dresses currently at cut-price. While the Christmas/New Year's party season is over, it's still acceptable to wear winter-appropriate fabrics like velvet, plaid, fair isle and sequins (which lose much of their appeal once the weather starts getting warmer), so we hope you enjoy our round-up of Ten Winter Party Dresses!
1. Peplum: This trendy look is simple yet strong, and is the perfect backdrop for your most stunning statement necklace!
Dorothy Perkins fitted dress - dorothyperkins.com
2. Fair Isle: Play it comfy in a jumper dress accessorized with woolly tights and lace-up ankle boots.
Ted Baker knit dress - tedbaker-london.com
3. Tartan: Party in plaid with this oh-so-festive little frock, which would look equally fab with a blazer, leather jacket, or fur capelet.
Jack Wills floral dress - jackwills.com
4. Brocade: A rich, red jacquard dress (possibly paired with an amazing pair of black patterned tights) would make for a quintessentially Christmassy choice.
Jason Wu jacquard dress - boutique1.com
5. Sequins: NYE is the time for all that sparkles and shines, so ring in the New Year in a glitzy little dress which does not hold back on the blingage.
Going out dress - desireclothing.co.uk
6. Flapper: Channel a Daisy Buchanan vibe with a fabulous '20s-inspired dress like this one (which begs to be worn with t-strap heels!)
Biba sequin party dress - houseoffraser.co.uk
7. Velvet: Velvet really comes into its own in the winter months, so take advantage of the chillier weather to deck yourself out in a luxuriant dress in a rich colour.
Adrianna Papell prom dress - johnlewis.com
8. Lace: Black, lace, body-con: the hallmarks of a classic go-to dress that you'll get guaranteed mileage out of.
River Island black dress - riverisland.com
9. Chiffon: A cute, flirty dress that would look fabulous with a pair of heeled Mary-Janes.