Here are some of my favourite discoveries from the past month...
1. I loooove everything that Rifle Paper Co. produces, from their greeting cards to their phone cases, and their 2015 Travel the World calendar is as gorgeous and colourful as you'd expect. I can't wait to break it out on January 1st!
2. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but in real life this Kate Spade wallet is a beautiful glittery midnight blue colour (I'm a total magpie for things with a sparkly finish). A sweet and thoughtful gift from Vicky, it's going to be the chicest wallet I've ever owned, and a far cry from the ratty old plastic case I've been carrying my cards in for the past few years.
3. Have you guys heard of Serial?! It's a podcast that aired a few months back, but I've only recently started listening to it. I was never really into podcasts before, but this one is just so incredibly gripping. The premise of the (true) story is this:
It's Baltimore, 1999. Hae Min Lee, a popular high-school senior, disappears after school one day. Six weeks later detectives arrest her classmate and ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, for her murder. He says he's innocent—though he can't exactly remember what he was doing on that January afternoon. But someone can. A classmate at Woodlawn High School says she knows where Adnan was. The trouble is, she’s nowhere to be found.
Adnan was convicted of the murder and is currently spending his life in prison, but Serial's host, Sarah Koenig, isn't entirely convinced that he's guilty. Each episode she presents a different element of the story, interviewing Adnan himself as well as his friends and family, leaving the listener in complete suspense as to what will transpire next...
4. On that cheerful note, let's switch the subject to hair products... This John Frieda Luxurious Volume Building Mousse is a lifesaver for my very fine, limp hair, giving some much-needed lift to my roots without leaving any sticky residue.
5. I wouldn't have the hugest sweet tooth, but I can never resist a mug of hot chocolate. While I usually opt for a cheap brand like Carnation, this decadent-looking Whittard Rocky Road hot chocolate was on sale at my local supermarket, and I just couldn't resist. I mean, with a description like "this all-time favourite combines classic flavours of marshmallow and milk chocolate with those of toffee, cherry, raisins and sultanas," how could I?!