Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Five Favourite Perfumes

While I love the idea of having a signature scent, I personally find it hard to commit to just one perfume--there are so many I love! Different moods/seasons/times of the day call for different scents, so I love having a few to choose among depending on what the situation calls for. In general I'm drawn towards either woodsy/earthy/musky scents or clean, fresh ones, and I hate anything too powdery or sweet (and I'm not the biggest fan of vanilla). 

Here, in no particular order, are my current favourites:

1. English Pear and Freesia, Jo Malone
Jo Malone can do no wrong in my eyes/nostrils--I pretty much love every one of their scents as well as the look of their signature crisp, classic bottles, and their gorgeous packaging (cream-coloured boxes tied up with black ribbon). I got this scent for my last birthday, and wear it for daytime, especially now that fall's nearly here (it's marketed as more of an autumn scent). Some of my other favourites from Jo Malone include Lime Basil and Mandarin and Amber and Lavender.

Notes: Pear, White Freesia, Amber, Patchouli.

2. Daisy, Marc Jacobs
I've been wearing Daisy on and off for years now, mainly in the spring and summer. I was initially drawn to it because, well, daisies are my favourite flowers (and I'll have you know that I loved them well before they became cool again!), but I also happen to love its fresh, clean scent. 

Notes: Strawberry, Violet Leaves, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Gardenia, Violet Petals, Jasmine Petals, Musk, Vanilla, White Woods.

3. For Her, Narciso Rodriguez
This perfume's basic black bottle may not exactly be a thing of beauty, but the scent within it is a real winner. More of a nighttime scent, but can also be worn during the day as long as you remember that a little goes a long way with this one.

Notes: Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Rose, Solar Musk, Peach, Amber, Soft Musk, Vanilla, Vetiver, Musk.

4. ChloéChloé 
Another strong scent that can be a liiiittle overpowering if you're over-zealous with the spritzing, but a definite favourite in my books. I wear it year-round, as I feel it's one of those rare scents that seems just as appropriate in the summer as it does in colder months. 

Notes: Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Honey.

5. Petite Chérie, Annick Goutal
Fun fact: I've never actually owned this perfume (thanks to its fairly hefty price tag and the fact that it's super hard to come by), but ever since I first got a sniff of it in Liberty's perfume department a few years back, I've been smitten. It's just so fresh, feminine, and distinctive--the perfect daytime scent for spring/summer.

Notes: Pear, Peach, Musky Rose, Freshly Cut Grass, Vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment